June 22, 2010
Posted by myconey under coney tuesday
| Tags: bp
, coney island
, coney island usa
, coney tuesday
, mermaid parade
, oil spillg
, surf avenue
| Leave a Comment
saturday was perfect for merpeople, rides, cyclones opening game @ mcu park + fireworks!
last year’s drizzle did not damper the parade and this year, with a high pushing 90, crowds were just as sticky + enthusiastic
fortunately i know a certain rooftop to be super breezy + viewed the marchers sweat-free
though i found last year‘s viewpoint to be equally exciting, crowds can be so intense on cement
many marching jellyfish publicly wished harm on bp + well for their inspiration in the gulf
and then i met these guys, and the day was complete.
April 14, 2009
| Please consider the 5th annual Coney Island USA Spring Fundraising Gala. All proceeds go directly towards funding CIUSA’s many unique programs and the fight to save Coney Island’s amusement district.
The 2009 Coney Island USA Spring Fundraising Gala
HONORARY CHAIR : HARVEY KEITEL
Thursday, April 16th 2009
M2 Ultra Lounge
530 West 28th Street
(btw 10th and 11th avenues)
Cocktails and Hors D’oeuvres will be served.
BUY TICKETS ONLINE NOW!
• The Cast of the Coney Island Circus Sideshow, featuring the Heather Holiday, Scott Baker and Serpentina
• The Lucky Devil Thrill show with Tyler Fyre & Thrill Kill Jill
• Aerial Artistry by Ekaterina + Harvest Moon
• NYC’s Finest Burlesque Stars including: Little Brooklyn, Trixie Little & Evil Hate Monkey, World Famous *BOB*, 2009 Miss Coney Island; Gal Friday and Jo Boobs with students from the New York School of Burlesque
• Fisherman’s Xylophonic Burlesque Orchestra
• Featuring the Great Throwdini and Bulls-Eye!
• Knife in Your Name -A death defying fund raising feat by Dick D. Zigun & Throwdini
• Plus Little Jimmy’s Mini Mermaid Parade!
• A stellar silent auction of art and curiosities
• Get your portrait taken in the photo studio!
plus The New York Times City Room coverage
- General admission tickets $100 ($80 tax deductible)
- VIP tickets $250 ($200 tax deductible) The VIP ticket experience includes access to a private seating area with table food and drink service, goodie bag and meet and greet with our performers!
Tickets will also be available at the door.
For more information: (718) 372-5159 or email@example.com